Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Foreshore Accountancy LLP is your local Suffolk Accountants and Tax Specialist. We are registered in England and Wales as a Limited Liability Partnership under number: OC363833 and our registered office is at Fairfield, Shotley Road, Chelmondiston, Ipswich IP9 1EE.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the “data controller”. This means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal information about you, for example, when;
· You request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide
· You engage us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services
· You contact us by email, telephone, post or social media (for example when you have a query about our services; or
· From third parties and/or publicly available resources (for example, from your employer or from Companies House).
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include the following:
· Your personal details (such as your name and/or address);
· Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services;
· Details of any services you have received from us;
· Our correspondence and communications with you;
· Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
· Information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information, information provided by your employer OR our clients or information from our member network firms.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you or our clients (where you may be a subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client) to comply with our legal obligations.
At Foreshore Accountancy LLP we take our responsibility for your privacy seriously. We will only use your personal data to provide the Services you have requested from us, detailed in your Engagement Letter and as we have outlined in this Policy. We will only use this information subject to your instructions, our legal obligations and our duty of confidentiality.
We may receive personal data from you for the purposes of money laundering checks, such as a copy of your passport. This data will only be processed for the purposes of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing, or as otherwise permitted by law or with your express consent.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
We will not share your information with third parties who wish to contact you for marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS USED BY FORESHORE ACCOUNTANCY LLP
Links to the third party software providers GDPR / current Privacy Policies:
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
PROFILING AND MARKETING
HOW LONG WILL WE HOLD YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
· Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
· Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
· Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your information for direct marketing purposes
· Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the process is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email email@example.com.
We will respond to your request within one month of receipt. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be updated on our website.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 17th May 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns